Thursday 10 June 2021

On The Bed!

With so many males about life is difficult. Zeus and Loki are separate and Nico is with Jezi. There is tension between Ross and Orin and Kaiah is nowhere near ovulation. With the weather being so poor yesterday we couldn't leave anyone outside and I decided to put Loki in the bedroom. I just don't feel it's safe for him to be with the others, his balance is just so poor that there is no doubt they'd knock him over. There was a vet bed on the floor for him, but I never expected to find him on the bed. Of course I left him there, I guess the improving strength in his front got him there in the first place. 
Last night on our 10pm walk Loki decided he only wanted to go along the top of the field. He's been going round it 4 times a day with no bother, but last night he stopped and sat. I stopped with him and pondered what I should do next. I could hear Steve's words "Keep moving" in my head and I said "Come on Loki." He took a couple of further steps then stopped again. Hmm, Ok, we came back. I have to admit I cried when we got back, it broke my heart. Yes it's an improving picture on last weekend but seeing him like this is so hard to take. Today ia another day, today we have to be brave and get out to that field again!