Sunday 6 June 2021

Day Two Of Recovery

 9am  - Well Loki caught me out this morning. Following the normal 8am routine he got up and went out to the back whilst the others were coming in. It was too late to stop him,  I'll have to remember to close his crate tomorrow. He fell by the bathroom but got up again himself and managed a poo unaided. (outside not in the bathroom 😃) I decided to take him through the gate onto the grass for a wee, he fell twice and we giggled about it and gave him a belly rub, he did manage a wee and then back in for breakfast. He is definitely better than yesterday morning, but we obviously have a long road to travel. .
His front legs/feet seems to be more of a disability to him than his back legs. The back feet seem to be slightly straighter and knuckling less, but I guess if your front feet bend or don't go down as you would expect them too then there is no choice other than to fall flat on your face. That is why I'm trying to keep him on the grass, I feel he's better on a softer surface. 
11am - We've been for our walk - choked with emotion. Best you see for yourself.