Sunday 24 February 2019

Win With Pride

Loose with dignity!
Yesterday at Caernarfon Canine Society it was another successful day for us in the show ring. Ross was second in Grad and consistent as ever Loki was BOB and group 2. We where delighted that Kasey also went BPIB and puppy group 2, but I have to say she will have stiff competition in puppy breed classes from baby Ania. This morning I was thrilled to see the words of the judge on my Facebook page .. Karen Fitzsimmons wrote "Many congratulations and thank you for bringing your super dogs under me. Once again I was thrilled to have such great quality GSDs to judge. The breed is certainly in excellent hands in North Wales"
Sadly as ever the day was not without it's sulking and tantrums in many parts of the show. I was delighted to see my friend win her class. I realise the dog has a distracting feature on the move, but this is one issue, all dogs have faults, there is no perfect dog out there and it's down to the judge to consider what he or she considers to be most detrimental in their opinion. Judging that class yesterday I may well have done exactly the same! But what ever, how ever the class was placed I would not have caused an atmosphere or challenged the judge .. loose with dignity.
I came home feeling quite upset about it all, especially as  I was told that asked "Who got BOB in your breed?" The reply had been "Who do you fucking think!" Well, what happened to friendship? What happened to the support we use to show each other? I suppose it all went out of the window when my dogs became harder to beat. As a friend said in her own breed, if you want to beat me get a better dog! One thing is for sure, I will not stop campaigning my dogs to please others. I will not leave Loki at home to give others a chance ... and if I feel the judge would favour Kaiah, then sod it I will be taking Kaiah! I will not be pushed out or made to feel bad just because my dogs win ... and when they don't I do hope I will loose with dignity ... as I do win with great pride!