Monday 18 February 2019

Little Loki

When I sent the above comment I had just been to see the litter, Nico and Tasha's kids. I had taken 5 photos - 2 x 2, yes ten puppies. Two male puppies impressed me the most, Mr Orange who became Loki and Mr Purple. In my post here I am asking Tracy for more photos of Mr Orange.  At this time I had no intention of having a puppy from this litter, to have one would mean I could not breed from Jezi and mating Nico to Jezi had always been the plan. But every time I saw the litter, one puppy stood out, one puppy got under my skin. Mr Orange had potential to be a show dog, his conformation was moderate and unexaggerated, his colour was good and his coat seemed promising. I didn't need another male puppy, but this boy got under my skin. With Ian ringing telling me he was there for me and Gail telling me it was fate, eventually I made the decision to have Mr Orange and spay Jezi!
It's been one  hell of a ride .. after the initial concerns and character issues it just got better and better. Loki is currently the top winner here since Dexi .. though there's a way to go to catch up with him and Aria, the boy has done me proud from puppy classes through to the current day. He has his fans and his admirers and of course, quite naturally people who don't like him. He is not without fault, and I see them I guess more so than others do, as it should be. We must never become kennel blind .. we must always see the good and the bad in our dogs.  
 2019 has started with a big bang, here's hoping it continues and the boy goes from strength to strength. I'm really looking forward to campaigning him further, at the helm at open shows and watching him flow around the ring with Sarah or Ian at the breed or champ shows. Here's hoping for continued success this year.
Watch out guys we'll probably be last at the next show!