Wednesday 13 February 2019

Walking And A Bit Of Fun

 I was going to zoom in and get a close up but they both buggered off! 
I blame Jezi - after all it could never be Nico, could it??
 My Lovely ladies at Auntie house - 
I've still not had any info about the name of the cottage
We went down to the bottom derelict cottage 
I regretted it - God it's a climb back up!

















What can you see? so funny, after having words on Facebook it was just what I needed to cheer me up.
Thanks to the one who put Smurf where they knew I would find her


Following my post on Facebook about how delighted I was that the dogs had tested clear for SOD1 gene someone decided to give me a lecture about the complexes of DM.  I know that there are several other genes and causes which are still being researched. I know the condition is complex, I know they are only clear of SOD1 ... and that is only one gene responsible for DM .. I'm not stupid and when I need help and advice I'll go to Katrina who is a font of knowledge and experience and not to her.  I refuse to let her get all high and mighty with me. Ok, being fair I know she's a very knowledgeable woman and I have difficulties even remembering my own dogs immediate pedigree since, well you all know since when, but I won't let her speak down to me. I've been involved with this breed since 1991 and researched the breed a lot longer than that. I try and do my best by my dogs and my breeding, I may have to look read and do it again and again these days but I bloody do it in the interest of this breed that I love so much. 
Partly I wish I hadn't  posted  the DM results - but I copied/paste it exactly as it is on the results and she took offence at me using the word "Clear" and gave me a lecture on the post. But the word "Clear" is on the lab results and as I pointed out to her I had said they are clear of SOD1. Anyway she's deleted her posts now but I had ended my second comment pointing out to her that I was really pleased with these results, and having lived through DM at it's nastiest any hope is better than nothing. I told her she had completely ruined the moment for me now .. or words to that effect!