Tuesday 19 February 2019

Sheep, Walking And Seasons

Steve and I are at our wits end with the sheep. It all started after Scottish Power knocked the wall down between us and the farmers fields in the Summer, now nothing seem to keep them out. One thing I will say is that they are not the dim creatures they are made out to be. They know there is good grass over here and come what may they are coming over. As annoying as they are in the field we have been coping but now they are coming over into the front garden and have done damage to Steve's plants, he's gutted. The garden is his escapism, his pride and joy and I really feel for him. I have messaged the farmer for help but had no response, sadly by law it's up to us to keep them out and not up to the farmer to keep them in. A little unfair all round, especially as we often use to let the dogs out without giving it much thought!
My walking routine has changed a little. I find going out later in the morning more beneficial.  Mind you I dislike being told "we are going now" anyway. I like to go when I'm ready and not to a set time in the morning these days, actually it's working well and they are anticipating my routine a lot less. Though of course there are still triggers that send them all into a frenzy, but it is nice to decide at a moments notice that "We'll go now then!"  To be honest with life the way it is, there really is no need for such routine and planning is there .. just go with the flow ... and the weather forecast of course!
Our Crufts passes have arrived today. Two dog passes and 2 helpers passes. Ideal. I'm not sure If Kaiah will be in season or not by then though. I had her down as due last week, and the last couple of days the boys have started to show mild interest in her and where she has been. I'm hoping against hope that she pushes it on to the beginning of March, not for Crufts but for the timing of her next season. Coming in at the beginning of March would hopefully push the next season on so she would be ready for mating at the beginning of October. That would mean, should we be lucky, that puppies would be born in December and not ready to be sold in December. Here's hoping .. but everyday closer to the end of the month is now a blessing.