Wednesday 24 October 2018

Funny Face

If anything is going to go wrong for any of these dogs I'd put my money on it always being Ross. Similarly to Krizzie in her youth he's like a whirlwind, the next catastrophe is just around the nearest corner!  He throws himself in water without considering the depth or speed. He jumps and misjudges ditches .. I guess that is him trying to follow Kaiah who weighs about 10kg less than him and is therefore much more agile and light on her feet, and this week he's had a rash on his face and a lot of the hair has been coming out.
Typical of me I immediately think, he's got mange or scabies or something, but of course Steve as ever is the voice of reason and suggested he may have had an allergic reaction to something he's stuck his face in! Yes I guess far more likely as it was only on his face. To be on the safe side I gave him an advocate and I've been carefully using my wound and skin spray on his face. I had to give up on the coconut oil which was my first course of action .. it kept getting washed off!  Anyway just for my piece of mind and to stop him scratching I've also given him some preds these last 2 days. His skin is now clear but I'll keep going with the spray and preds till the end of the week. No I'm not stopping him living life to the full .. I'll just have to hope it was a one off!