Thursday 8 September 2016

Mummy & Daddy

Following a post by Nico on Facebook I realised how many people refer to themselves as their dogs "mummy and daddy." This is completely alien to me... and to be honest I don't actually like it, but Steve hates it. Now I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't be calling themselves as far as their animals are concerned; I would never have any right to do that, and of course it's personal choice. But living with a family of dogs more often than not the individual's mother, father or both are actually here, or have been here. So If I say to Asha "Where is your mother?" Or "what is your mother doing now?"  I'm referring to Tali and not myself! In the same context as we set off for the walk today I told Sammi, your Granny's coming with us today .. her Granny is Asha!
I'm not Sammi's mother, that's Ziva, I'm not her Grandmother, that's Asha .. Steve is not her "daddy" that's Nico!  Oh and Nico, well his mum is Kiara and she lives in Scotland, and his daddy Uno lives in Germany.  Simples!!!