Thursday 15 September 2016

Disappointment

Not great news to start the day. Sammi scan shows she is currently carrying 2 pups; but sadly it doesn't seem they are formed correctly and it's highly likely she has and is reabsorbing the litter. Any other puppies that could have been there are likely to have been reabsorbed already. She suggest I take her back for another scan in 10 days to see if there's anything there then. Talk about kick a woman when she's down eh
Sammi is fine, this is highly unlikely to affect her at all, if she is reabsorbing these two as well then the puppies will simply disappear and had we not taken her for the scan we would probably have never know they were there at all. I guess with the early symptoms I was already suspicious as they really don't generally show till after day 35 but I'm so disappointed I could cry. I guess we keep an eye on Sammi now and hope that if the pups are not viable that her body doesn't continue into a full blown false pregnancy. Knowing her I guess she'll just continue with her exuberant life ...
My head is really puddled at the moment ... it's not the right time to make decisions, but I can't help but think that Ziva will soon be in season, and Ziva and Nico had wonderful puppies!
Scanned day 33 from mating - but may have ovulated days sooner (Wed - Thurs)