Monday 12 October 2020

Poor Orin

You may recall I mentioned that Kaiah had run into Orin a couple of days ago and following his tumble he'd been a little lame. Yesterday's walk was great fun and went without incident, well where Orin was concerned anyway. Loki did let himself and the side down but that is quite another story. We arrived home, had lunch and everyone slept for a good couple of hours. On him waking I noticed a swelling on Orin's face and on further investigation discovered quite a gash. How the hell? Now Steve is adamant that nothing happened whilst I was walking the others, of course I believe him. I'm adamant that nothing happened on the walk, and though I was chatting to Linda had there been "words" between dogs we would have noticed. Equally, had he run into something surely he would have screamed? 
I've washed it with hibiscrub three times yesterday and three times so far today, I'm also using an antiseptic powder on it to help it dry. I'll keep a close eye on it and if it looks worse or the swelling doesn't go down shortly well of course we'll be straight to the vets. Bless him he looks like a Borzoi. I'm sure you can imagine I'm very upset about it and I do hope that Steve is right and that it's not a bite, or that if it was a bite then it was from OTT play. If it's neither then I know who did it!