Thursday 15 October 2020

Archie's Out And Orin's Injury

 The first time they cross the threshold is nerve wracking for me, especially when they don't seem to give a shit about anything. I followed Archie round the yard like some over cautious mother hen and dragged Jamie off the sofa for extra back up. We only stayed out for 15 mins but it went well. Obviously there will only be short supervised outings but I'll try and take him out now daily whilst the weather is so good.
Orin is feeling fine and dandy, full of fun and mischief. We are cleaning the wound on his nose with hib scrub 4 times a day, making sure it stays open so all the pus can come out. The swelling is gradually reducing and is now only on the side of the wound. Yesterday it had spread to both sides and started from behind his eyes down to his nose - as you can see he looked like a Bull Terrier. 
Today the wound still looks raw and horrid but the swelling is reducing. 
There is no doubts this will scar, my poor baby boy's beautiful face. I can't deny I'm not upset, I'm gutted to be honest but all I want it to do now is heal. 
Linda and I have gone over and over it, we saw nothing and heard nothing on the walk. There is no wire on that walk and we are100% sure he did not scream or yelp at all. As I've said it can not be a tooth mark as it goes upwards. He would have had to have been upside down for that to be a tooth and then there would be marks on his lower jaw or cheek too. I can only think that it was a sharp piece of slate sticking out somewhere and that full of fun and adrenaline he just didn't notice at the time!