Saturday 24 October 2020

Memories

I still remember the day when wondering this mountain that I came round the corner and saw this. It must have been 10 ft deep and half filled with water. Pepsi was blind and probably with me and that would have been scary. In my head I can still see the GSD's walking along the edge and Seffe would have had to stand looking in, as she did! This was just meters away from the lake that in the old days had supplied the village with water. Chatting with Lin and Steve we can't really remember when the lake was emptied, but we all remember lovely times there with the dogs. This was filled in at the same time .. or maybe earlier. I do remember Krizzie swam in the top lake, she was born in 2000, but did Tali who was born in 2005? I'm not too sure. I remember in later years she'd run to it when it was empty ... but had she just got into the habit of running there after her mum, I wish I remembered. 
The photo was posted on a Facebook page about the village of Fron and the area. It is absolutely fascinating and though I'm not from the village originally I just love the place and I really want to know everything there is to know, providing I can remember it! I do hope someone posts photos of the empty lake as it was 20 years ago, I'm really sad to not have any really and would love to see it as it was. 
Remember this pack? Some of you will. This was the original Blanik pack that explored the mountain with me, this photo was taken in Feb 97. Seffe, Blade and Pepsi sitting, Dexi, Nikki and Sultan in the down. I moved here in June 1995, Seffe and Dexi were born in Jan 1996 and sadly I lost dear Sultan not long after this was taken. Blade and Nikki were and still are Bla-Nik and darling Pepsi, blind or not lived his life to the full. 
I hope to go digging for photos of the empty lake - watch this space.