Wednesday 12 August 2020

Vet's Call

The Vet phoned me back at lunch time. She again discussed the blood results with me, saying they were very promising apart from showing an infection. She could give me no explanation for the fluctuating temperature or explain why it went down with no treatment. I told her I did not want to see Asha go through another evening like that again and asked if I could give her a paracetamol to help bring the temperature down? For future reference the dose of paracetamol for a dog of Asha's weight is half ever 12 hours. The vet agreed the temp last night was dangerously high and that's why Asha was so ill. The poor girl was wobbly on her feet, lethargic and couldn't even pee without falling on her bottom into the wee. 
On a brighter note she has really improved as the day has gone on and enjoyed fish and pasta for lunch and dinner. The vet wants me to keep her on a light diet till Friday and report in then. 
Talking to a friend she suggests maybe Asha has a tumor in the bladder which is the cause of these episodes. A tumor would cause an infection but again would it be something that would cause her to get so ill with such a vengeance and them improve with no treatment? I don't know, but I will ask the vet on Friday.