Wednesday 19 August 2020

Blanik's 5 months Weigh In


Well it's baby Orin's 5 month weights and measures day. He is now just touching 56cms at the wither and weighs 24.2kg.  I'm pleased with that as he is marginally smaller than my current over sized males were at the same age, but taller than Louis who was only 55.5 cms at 6 months. I'd say he is aiming to be a correct size adult, but still think maybe on the top size of the standard. Males should stand 60 - 65cms at the wither - Louis was small but within the standard at 61cms - Loki and Ross are above at about 67cms and Mikey was marginally over 65cms. As a pet it doesn't matter but for showing it really does, especially for a survey. Louis always carried himself with so much presence that I don't think many noticed he was on the lower end of the scale, but as I've heard since the green eyed monster all ready had the knife in him and in my back. Her dog was better than what I had, and better than everything I'd ever had ... Strangely I thought we were friends then! Funny how her dog was actually never good enough to come in the ring let alone win ... Ooops I'm digressing and allowing her jealousy to poison my thoughts again! 
Dexi was also marginally over size at 66cms, it does see to be a bit of a pattern here really but no one was as tall as Kai, Asha's sire who was 69cms. A hugely imposing dog  from the Conbhairean kennel who was just awesome in every way. Nico is approx 63.5cms, bang on ideal, but he does seem to produce great size than himself.
So if the theory is correct that males grow roughly 5cms after 6 months then we should have an idea of Orin's adult size in a months time ... not wishing my days away of course, after all there are no shows to look forward to! 🐕

The Boys 
Ross was 24.3kg and 56.5CMS at the wither 
Loki was 25.8kg and 57cm at the wither. 
Mikey was 22.5kg and 56cm at the wither 

The Girls 
Kaiah was 21.25kg and 53.5cms at the wither 
Sammi was 20.80 kg and 54.5cms at the wither 
Ziva and Jezi were 52 and 53 cms but they were not weighed for a further two weeks, Ziva was 24.2kg and Jezi 23.9kg. 
I don't seem to have Asha's - odd as I have Mikeys!