Sunday 2 August 2020

Sunday Sermon

With the ridiculous prices of puppies now continuing to escalate so have dog thefts. No breed is safe these days as adults and puppies are now stolen to order. Sadly North Wales seems to be a hot spot for thefts. To think years ago when we both worked that I left the dogs out in the kennels .. OMG I would never do that now.  You would think that certain breeds would be a no go, but sadly they have ways and means. Where ever you are, what breed or age of dog, or cat that you have for god sake do what you can to keep them safe.
It's now almost 3 months since we saw Isla. We have both come to terms with the fact that we will never see her again, but still the not knowing is what kills us. I think about her every single day, but I have now stopped looking and calling. Someday maybe we can open the doors to another rescue kitten ... but not right now.                                                    
Puppy prices are nuts, with designer crossbreeds costing more than pedigrees... your average Cockerpoo is £2,000, as I've said to me a crossbreed is a crossbreed .. end of! GSD puppies now average about £1,500, with unscrupulous breeders charging much more for puppies from parents which are not health tested or registered. With Defra's crazy regulations on breeding in England there are very few hobby breeders breeding now, put it this way I could not breed if I lived in England. You need kennels, a separate kitchens and washing machines and a licence ... and some also have needed to change the use of their homes to business. I'd prefer to buy a puppy raised in a home than in a kennel any day.
I was told numerous times that I sold the last litter too cheap, but I stuck to the price I had originally quoted to the buyers .. and at the end of the day I'm happy with the homes and that is far more important than anything else. Next year if we are blessed with puppies then maybe they will be a little dearer ... but in my opinion cost should never be more important than the right home.