Wednesday 26 August 2020

A Bad Head Day

When I wake up and the lights around the curtain hurt my eyes I know what's coming. I find it almost impossible to wake up and I think that maybe if I get a little longer in bed I'll be better, but I never do and years of trying it proves it doesn't help anyway. Nico sounds the alarm with a daily shake of the head ... "She's awake!" Orin has taken over from Kaiah in starting the morning chorus, and the others true to form join in. Well it's 8am and I should be thankful for that! I'm so tired I can't function, I'm tireder than Jason Manford ever was in his stand up about being the most tired ... lol  My head starts to float, I'm vacant and as ever I can't find the crucial word for the sentence. Steve tries to finish my sentence, but it's the wrong word, so I get upset and start to cry. The headache as ever is not severe just annoying, but it adds to the battle of trying to function. I hit the co-odamol and wait for some improvement, which gradually comes and after an hour at least I'm able to concentrate enough to get me round tesco without many a malfunction. 
When I get home I feel so exhausted, my head is floating away somewhere and all I want to do is curl up on the sofa, but I know it won't help. So it's wellies on and off we go ... each step is a battle as I feel lethargic, exhausted and irritable ... but the more steps I take the better it gets. I breathe in the wonderful fresh air and take in the terrific views around me. Three short walks, happy dogs and a brighter me. Ok It doesn't go away ... but it will and 5 years on I'm truly blessed to be here in this beautiful place with my lovely family, my friends and these wonderful dogs that make me get up and go out on a bad day.
The yard is still swimming after yesterday, my god that was some rain. In all the gales last night I struggled to get Orin to stay in .. he loved the wind and thoght the river flowing through the yard was fascinating. Of course his buddies wanted to stay out with him, but after a while I insisted they come in and got dried off. Everything is wet here today. Though it's been a pleasant day the river is still flowing through the yard and actually we have a pool near the gate. The throws and vet beds are damp ... ah well I guess that's why we have them. 
I had a message from a friend re Sisco ... She is very interested in using him at stud and wanted to know my opinion on him.  Her concern is his age, I told her that honestly I had no such concerns, he’s not nine till February. I know that a litter was born from him in early August and I gather another is on its way ... I told her that I was that impressed that I may well use him again ... I'm excited but obviously apprehensive.