Monday 3 August 2020

Luther's Gift

I don't like what they do, but I love them. It's easy to distinguish the two things when you realise that it is nature, the nature of the beast isn't it. They usually kill for themselves, they usually eat most of what they kill leaving just bits lying around for Asha to eat! (Also meaning they need worming regularly.) More often than not if I approach them with their prize they growl grab it and run. Only if I think there is a chance the life can be saved do I intervene, otherwise there is no point.
Yesterday I was standing out when I heard Luther nattering away in the fields. For a second I thought something was wrong so I called him. The nattering got louder and he came racing over the wall and through the garden over the New Zealand Holly tree. Then I noticed he had something in his mouth. He ran straight over to me, dropped the poor dying creature at my feet, rubbed against my legs and went into the house. Well I've heard people say before that their cats bring them gifts and I've always replied, mine don't they eat them ... After all these years I can now safely say that I've been presented with a gift from one of my cats. 
Thanks Luther ... I Think!