Tuesday 11 August 2020

Asha And Orin

It seems I spoke too soon, Asha is unwell again today. She's missed breakfast and now has diarrhea. Her temperature is up slightly at 39 ... I honestly don't know what to do for the best at the moment. Maybe I'll wait and see how the day goes before making any decisions.
To add insult to injury Orin is lame on his front left (I think). Deja vu and paranoia set in as this is exactly the age that Ross started with lameness. Orin was not lame at all yesterday but has got up with a limp this morning, and to be honest he seems worse now than first thing. I know there could be dozens of simple explanations for the limp but with the track record with Ross I can't help but imagine worse case scenario. To try and eliminate the risk of panosteitis I changed him off the puppy food as recommended at 4 months, but I can't think it's pano for one minute as he's too young for it.
To be honest I'm feeling upset, tearful and really stressed ...I just can't think straight, lack of sleep because of this horrid heat doesn't help ... bring on the snow!