Monday 17 August 2020

Moaning Again

Ok so the weather is crap, I admit it's disappointing but the digs on Facebook are unnecessary. It's not choice to dislike the heat. I can't function in it, I itch, I sweat, I get a rash. I can't walk my dogs, and anyway it's a dangerous for them. I usually get a headache and generally feel unwell. I'd love to sit out and enjoy it with my husband and friends but I can't. I don't get a tan, I don't even burn, I get spots. Of course I've had to cope with childish comments since school about how white my skin is, and yeah I can be over sensitive we know. Also since my head exploded I can't cope with bright lights. As I said it's not choice .. it is what it is and I do find it a little patronising to have someone constantly telling me I should go out and enjoy something that gives me no pleasure.
Asha's not great again today, she got me up around 4am and has diarrhea again. (By the way I know that is an Americanism but I can remember it a lot easier!) This morning she didn't want breakfast, but I felt it was better to get some metranizadol into her ASAP so I made her scrambled egg .. she ate it. She's OK, I think/hope we got there before her temperature had time to soar, it's pasta and fish for dinner then Asha. I guess now this maybe something we have to live with. As I've said at her age I will not put her through any intrusive procedures, and since there is no definite diagnosis we just have to manage the symptoms.
I know I get told off for posting about my disappointment with Orin's eye colour, I don't post about it on social media but this is my place of safety to vent. Unless you are a show enthusiast you can never understand how disheartening it is for me. He's such a lovely lovely puppy, I adored him and he has so much going for him, but for me the eye colour really detract. I try and be careful with the photos that I post of him in general, as we know some people can be very spiteful. Any dogs eyes look lighter in some lights than others so being careful does no harm. This type of photo is ideal really - by the way he's modelling a wishing well planter that Steve made from scrap wood. 
If dog shows ever return as we know them then I would imagine Orin would have a fighting chance of being in the top half of his classes. Some judges will over look some faults, some will come down on them like a tone of bricks. We all have things that we find more unacceptable than others ... one of my friends has thing for pasterns and feet .. I notice weak front pasterns more than feet, but to be fair these do have good feet. It's funny how many LSH have weak pasterns ... I wonder why?  Anyway as you know my disappointment in one thing in my puppy doesn't change a thing ... I think he's beautiful and I love him but it would just finish the picture if over the next few months he lost more of that mask and his eyes blended in rather than being so obvious light. Whatever the outcome hopefully I may get the chance to campaign him fearlessly in the near future.
A friend messaged me to check out an advert for GSD pups for sale. A litter of 14 born and being sold for what is now the average price of £1,500. My friend had been looking for a puppy for someone she knew and was encouraged to read these were from K.C registered health tested parents. Sadly she was soon disappointed to discover the dam had a hip score of almost 50! Shocking, bloody shocking! Why would they breed and who the hell would let them use their stud dog?  I guess the advert is truthful, the parents are health tested ... they just omit to explain how dreadfully high the scores are!