Monday 10 August 2020

Blogger Frustration

So here we go again, I'm going to attempt to write and design a post that isn't just a straight line of photos with writing at the bottom. If it takes as long I may as well throw in the fecking towel. Am I just being thick or have they made this dashboard difficult for laptop users?  I couldn't write it on my phone, that for me is simply not practical.
Ok, I can't even start a new paragraph without it skipping a line. I've already given up and reverted to the old dashboard, but I have to get use to this new shit as the old one is not available after the end of the month. If I don't get it together it may be the end of Tali's Tails! (Yes I'm finding it that frustrating!)
Asha is now sleeping all night again, it seems like it was a urine infection then doesn't it. Here's hoping things settle and that she feels well now for months to come. I'm not blinkered, I know time is limited but as long as it's happy times then that's all we can ask. 
Kaiah is starting to loose her coat .. though her season is a couple of months away at least now there is something to look forward to. After my heartbreak last time of course I'm nervous, but it has to be this time or she'll be getting too old for a first litter. Seffe was the oldest here having her first titter, she was 4 in the January and had them in July .. pushing my luck really. First litters should really be born before or around 2.5 to 3 years of age ... that is when a GSD bitch physically  is ready to be a first time mum. As we experienced with Seffe later first pregnancies can cause issues for the bitch ... yeah, hopefully it is this time for Miss K.
Kaiah has looked fantastic throughout the Spring and early Summer, if only we could have done some shows ... I just hope we get some back soon. I don't think this virus is going to go away, we will now just have to learn to live with it and most of us would like to live not exist. I'm sure we can adjust to a new normal .... 
A few people have recently commented about Orin's size, I think maybe he looks deceptively large in the photos. I've no idea what he weighs to be honest, he was 19kg at 4 months, but he'll be 5 months in 9 days and I'll weigh him again then. I measure him last night and he was approx 53.5cms, Ross was 56.5cms at 5 months. (and 23.4 kg) I don't think Orin is going to be that tall in 10 days, but he may be a similar weight .... breathes a huge sigh of relief as Ross is about 2 cms over the maximum height for males in the breed. (And yes it does make a difference in the show ring) 
Anyway I took this photo of Ross and Orin, it may put things a little into prospective for people who only ever see photos of them sitting or lying down together.