Wednesday 1 July 2020

Ross And That Limp

Ross is still limping on and off. I'm so loathed to put him back on metacam, he may well need something with that strength later on in life, on the other hand maybe a 5 day course would help settle him? I've just put him back on turmeric and I'll get more fish oil and maybe Glucosamine. I really am in a quandary with him, the x rays showed no abnormalities but the dog does.
 Chatting with Lin yesterday about him made us both think, he ran into the rock (Which was partially covered in snow) he hit his front, but the x.rays were concentrated on his elbows, the joint, which is at the back of his leg. Obviously the front, his upper arm etc were included in the X ray but did anyone really look there. I know at the time I certainly could only think that there was damage to the elbow. He does also still click, but as the physio pointed out, if that was an abnormality of the joint then it would click every time and not just occasionally. I'm at a loss as to the source of the pain, but really the important thing is to control it and give him a normal life. Don't get me wrong, he's not limping badly, but shit he is only 3 years old and currently the limp is mild and sporadic but because of his age I do worry about his future. As I said the other day though, Ross is a clown, a happy boy, fun to have around. I will not change his life I just need to find the correct treatment when these periods of pain emerge. I think I will start by putting him back on fish oil and turmeric on a permanent basis, at least it can not do any harm ... providing I can get him to eat it!