Saturday 4 July 2020

Doors, Beds and Games

Last night I put Orin outside for his last wee and before I turned round he was in. Steve suggested I hadn't closed the door properly. I put Orin back out and closed the door, I waited and within seconds the handle went down and in he came ... Shit! Three and a half months old, that must be a record here. Now eight out of the nine open the doors .. only Nico doesn't. I'm not saying Nico couldn't if he tried but Jezi opens them so he doesn't have to! It's quite funny really Nico is always first in but you can see through the glass that it's her opening the doors!
Talking of the main man, yesterday Nico got up to no good again. He'd been in Loki's crate and ripped the bedding. I must remember to always close the crates with sponge bedding under the vet beds .. 9 years old and still naughty ... one of the most perfect dogs ever, until it comes to bedding and making his way through pockets for treats ... no, I wouldn't change a thing! 
The weather is piss poor this morning. With the mist being so dense I'm not happy to walk yet. Viability is that poor that I would be scared of walking into the cattle. If it doesn't improve I guess we'll just have to go into the fields. My fear of the free roaming cattle was further confirmed by a story on "24 Hours in A&E,"  a dog walker was attacked whilst walking a footpath that crossed a field .. my word she was in a mess. I really think these ancient laws that allow free roaming cattle on common land need further thought!
So with poor weather and a energised puppy it's a little manic at Blanik. Orin is racing round like an idiot and the clown of the party, Mr Ross can not contain himself and is joining in! A 16kg puppy running in and out and round the furniture is quite acceptable, throw in his 40kg mate and it becomes chaotic. Kaiah and Sammi are also taking turns at playing with Orin, sometimes I feel sorry for Sammi now as he does seem to find the others more fun. But of course when he needs comfort he does turn to his mum and she adores him. Asha I'm sure would love to play with him, but she never gets a look in, and Ziva as ever is happy doing her own thing. The situation with Loki is odd, as it always is with poor Loki. This morning he wants to play with Orin, but it's as if no one else trusts him and they guide the puppy away. Loki also tried to join in with a Sammi Orin game, but he seemed unable to interact, he didn't seem to know how to be part of it. Steve has even observed Ross cutting across and encouraging Orin away from Loki. We can only conclude that like us they don't trust him with the pup. His unpredictable nature with Ross and Orin must be apparent to all ... fascinating, so fascinating.
Orin's new coat is coming on a treat, getting it wet so much the last few days makes it fluffy and I can see what is to come. Hopefully he will have a decent coat as both his parents do. He is such a promising puppy, I'm so happy with him but I have to say it one more time, my only disappointment to date is his eye colour .. thanks Ziva! (yes it comes from her) I can only hope now that his mask will fade and that the eye colour will not detract from his expression as an adult.  At this moment there is nothing else I would change about him. He has bags of bone, super colour, great angles and hopefully he will come up on his wither as he grows. His coat looks promising, his movement for one so young is super ... so yeah hopefully a full set of teeth and we'll be laughing all the way to the show ring!
Just to remind myself, I may have a dark eye obsession but a lighter eye is not considered a fault!
"Eyes - Medium-sized, almond-shaped, never protruding. Dark brown preferred, lighter shade permissible, provided expression good and general harmony of head not destroyed. Expression lively, intelligent and self-assured."