Thursday 16 July 2020

Mist And Drizzle Again

I have to admit I'm really getting fed up of the weather. Every morning I open the curtains to see the same, thick mist and drizzle. I'm not scared of getting wet, never have been but when visibility is this poor it's just not safe on the mountain. Not knowing where the cattle are is a huge problem. They could be on our side or Cilgwyn, or Carmel. Last night as we exercised the dogs in the fields they all came down the mountain and hovered by the gate, this morning I haven't a clue where they are and can only hope it clears as forecast mid morning.
Orin loves to go in the field with the big gang, he's glued to Ross or Kaiah. I do worry that he'll get run over but I can't wrap him up in cotton wool can I! Of course 20 mins is max time out for him and I'm quite strict on that, but as the weeks go by he'll get more time and more adventures. As you can see he's already learnt to be wary of Kaiah in this position ... I's say you are coming slightly too close young man, you'll never get away fast enough. Hopefully Ross will teach him the rules of the game then.