Saturday 18 July 2020

Asha This Morning

Last night I felt so stupid, sometime I need to give myself a right talking too. It's now a year since Asha started getting these spells, and what did I forget to do yesterday afternoon ... well take her bloody temperature. At that time she had a sunken, tired expression, she was panting, she was drinking, everything was an effort, she was wobbly and lethargic. What could cause all those symptoms? Easy, a high temperature!
As I said Asha ate her 4.30pm meal and her 9pm meal. It was around bed time that I noticed how much brighter she was than she had been in the afternoon. I honestly thought her time was coming during the afternoon. I don't know why but in the evening the penny dropped and I decided to take her temperature. Well it was high, but only a little, (38.9) it was then that I realised that it was probably sky high yesterday afternoon and was coming down ... Oh god why didn't I put two and two together then?
It was July last year that Asha started showing those exact same symptoms, but with diarrhea. The vet said at the time that they could feel nothing sinister going on but there was a wheeze on her lungs. He gave her antibiotics and told me to minimise her exercise for a week. She displayed the symptoms again 2 or 3 times during the Summer/Autumn 2019 but nothing since, other than the bouts of diarrhea which I now don't think are related.
With today's improvement I will monitor her over the weekend and see how we get on ... but even with rain and mist again outside I do feel the sun is shining a little brighter today.