Wednesday 11 September 2019

Water Babies

These buggers love the water so much. Though this looks pretty mucky I comfort myself in the knowledge that it's only fresh rain water from the heavy down pours that we had over night. It will soon drain away until the next rains that are so necessary to keep our countryside so beautiful. We are lucky here, the lakes never seems to get green algae that is small mouth fulls can cause fatal poisoning in dogs, but I'm always observant especially as the ditches of standing water start to dry out in the Summer. I do have a memory of the lake in Glynllifon woods going green, but the current owners have closed off the entrance to the woods from Lon Eifion so we never go anymore. I really do miss going there.
Ziva, like Kiri before her throws herself into any water she can find, but strangely though she does swim she doesn't seem to do it for pleasure. She's sooner lay in a puddle or wade in with her feet on the floor. This does cause a bit of a problem as she will often be itchy after one of her wallows ... but stopping her is near as damn it impossible.  Steve says I should try .. but this photo was taken today and he was with me on the walk. Another failure then!
I was reading on Facebook about people's opinions on washing out feeding bowls. Some people wash them after every meal. These have their own bowl, but I have to confess I only wash them out once a day. Personally I think that is ample but not everyone agrees, I guess as with most things in life I tend to be a little rough and ready. Haha. I am more careful with the water bowls though, as bacteria breeds quickly in them, they are cleaned out before they are refilled and that can be several times a day, even the outside bucket is washed out once a day. For washing up I do just use ordinary washing up liquid but I do use Safe4 for clean work tops and floors. It is an expensive disinfectant, but you can't beat the protection really.