Saturday 7 September 2019

More Concern Over Asha

Last night Asha had similar if not the same symptoms as the two previous times. In the evening she was quiet but seemed fine, but by bed time she didn't want her carrot and had a raised temperature. This time it wasn't anywhere as near as dramatically high but it still knocked the stuffing out of her.  (39.4)
As you can imagine I didn't have a great nights sleep, once the pessimistic thoughts of the night go on a rampage there is no going back is there. I tried to plan my morning to get her to the Saturday emergency vets and be back here in time for shower and change to be at the restaurant for our pre-anniversary dinner by 12.30pm. And what if Asha was really ill, or worse? How could I cancel with family travelling from Liverpool and Manchester?  My thought then went to Kaiah and her season, I compared the build up to Sammi's season just over three years ago .. the excitement of the build up and pregnancy quashed with Mikey and Finlay's ill health and death within a month of each other.  Actually today is the anniversary of Finlay's death and young Kaiah and her brothers were brewing in Sammi's belly at the time. It is also the anniversary of Storm's death .. 10 years!!!!
 My thought went back to Asha, why does this keep happening? There must be something sinister on her lungs/chest. And if there is what do I do about it? Well sod all, I can do sod all except treat the symptoms. At her age I would not consider Xrays and tests, bar maybe a simple blood test if it could give us answers. But having the answers would I doubt make any difference would it? They would still only treat the symptoms to keep her feeling well, quality of life  at any age is paramount!
Asha does look so old .. but to be fair that is only grey hair .. and maybe some blue tinge in her eyes. Generally she is very fit, but again I considered that we never know what is going on inside do we? I must have been awake for hours worrying myself ill over the situation and the future ...
This morning we got up early so we could get to the vets by doors opening .. Asha ran out, barked at the neighbours and ate her breakfast, this morning Asha is well and my brain sees things more logically! Asha is old, there is no getting away from that. Yesterday we had an absolute soaking on the walk and though she was thoroughly dried and kept in the warm,  it may have affected her. Maybe/hopefully she now just has a weakness on her chest and we will have to be a little more careful with her in wet weather . though not even I would have set off in that rain yesterday, we simply got caught out! One thing is for sure ... Asha does not need to see a vet today ... she can go for a walk instead!