Friday 6 September 2019

The Male Line That We Lost

 Blanik Alliance - Dexi was out of my first litter from Nikki to Arko Vom Huhnegrab.
I'm proud to say he was one of the top dogs of his day, he was joint 10th top winning  GSD and  even joint 3rd top sire in 1999 (based on the quality not quantity of progeny.) Dexi had 1 CC and 3 RCC's in the days where classes nearly always exceeded 20. I still think my proudest moment was his 3rd out of a present entry of 28 (33 in the catalogue) at the Two Day Show .. but then he was also 3rd in Open Dog at Crufts  with 2 Champions in front of him and 2 behind him. (before you considered the rest of the class) To be fair his achievements were too numerous to list .. but those who were blessed to know him as the pet he was could only love him. I guess he was similar to Mikey in character .. just a lovable goof.  
This was Dexi's son Carlsbro Boss, he was Jay's dad. 
Our Jay  
I don't think at the time I realised how beautiful this dog was. He had a profuse coat and a huge character .. though colour was maybe not his fortune. He and Krizzie produced the amazing "E" litter of 7 dogs and 1 bitch for me .. it was never my intention to keep a male but I did and the rest is history ..
Blanik Excentrik - Louis
The love of my life
Sadly the only lines we had to Dexi were through Louis and Kiri. 
It was my choice at the time that neither went on to produce progeny, a decision in Louis' case that I have lived to regret. I had hoped that one day I could bring Dexi's line back in, that now seems unlikely bordering on impossible .. such is life! 
Of course we are not too far out as we still have Louis' mum and grandmother, Krizzie and Seffe in the bitch line that goes back to the foundation, Nikki ... Dexi's mum. (And my sweet Seffe was Dexi's litter sister)