Saturday 28 September 2019

Pwllheli Show

Today I experience the cruel side of dog showing. This morning the cries and howls were chilling and heartbreaking .. poor poor Asha just can not accept that she can't go anymore. They all love the shows so much, (well nearly) I must find her a great granny class somewhere soon, or take her to club maybe?
So many people said that I should just take her for the trip, but she's better off at home than stuck for long periods in van, which she would be with no classes for her. I'm sure that as soon as I've left it's forgotten and she enjoys her day with Steve and the others at home.
No photos today .. no one to take them and to be honest it was chaos there. I won Grad with Ian's Kasey and Ian took Ross and Loki in for me. Ross wasn't really up for it and didn't show well, the judge saying he blew the class on his lack of enthusiasm and he was sure that outside he would have won. Deflating or reassuring? Not sure. Loki stood alone in his class but the judge commented that he was far too tall and even joked about bringing a saddle for him next time! Well he is tall we can't hide that fact. He is oversize and pushes his weight forward giving even more impression of size. All rounders don't notice, breed judges will and do.
I was over the moon to handle young Kasey to her first BOB. She looks wonderful - another feather in Nico's cap! Well done Ian!