Wednesday 25 September 2019

Sammi's Critique From Leeds

Stanley’s Blanik Ivana ShCM. Five and a half yrs b/g, attractive colour, good topline, croup and hind angulation, shoulder a bit steep and somewhat forward placed, bone, legs, feet, topline all good, on the heavy side, which was reflected in her side gait, this appeared a bit ponderous, sound coming and going.

Well as show dogs go maybe she is just a tad heavy - Sarah often says my dogs are a touch too "covered." But I'll be honest, I can't think for one minute that she carries that much weight that it hinders her movement. She went really well on the day, we were all so impressed with her. As everyone knows one of my pet hates is fat dogs. Fat dogs are unhealthy and have shortened lives often with joint pain and breathing difficulties, but to be honest I don't really want much less weight on Sammi. 
I'm happy with her critique generally though, just feel a little bit of a downer with the "heavy" remark as this was her best achievement in the ring and I kind of expected something special. Ah well I won't brood over it! She's still my perfect Angel.