Wednesday 11 September 2019

Nico Memory

My facebook memories today contained this precious photo from 7 years ago. 2012 was a heartbreaking year at Blanik. We lost Kai in March, Kiri in September and Louis in December. At the time I don't really know how we carried on ... but as is always the case there is a shine star in every dark night. On the 9/9/12 I arrived home with a young male that was to change the future of Blanik. Young "Danko" hadn't had the life he deserved and earlier in the year he had returned to Scotland. He filled our hearts with so much love and joy and he still continues to do so everyday. Nico you were and still are the shinning star in the dark night.
Nico had been here 2 days and I was already running him loose on the mountain, I knew he wasn't going anywhere .. and with Louis as his guide at the time he could never go wrong! To this day, he doesn't get it wrong. (unless he can eat it! 😁 ) Where the hell would we all be now if Nico hadn't arrived here. If Heather Macdonald hadn't have kindly offered him to us and if Sarah Smith hadn't convinced me to go for it? And poor Steve, I'd already said I'd have Nico before broaching the subject with him .. as ever he just let me go with it. I can never thank you enough Nico ... you still shine so brightly at Blanik.