Monday 5 December 2022

The Empty Lake

This lovely spot it used to be part of the old water works, in the top photos the dogs are standing by where the lake was that supplied water to part of the village in days gone by. I remember it as a lake, but no longer as where the villages' water came from. For health and safety reasons I guess, it was sadly drained about 20 years ago. I do remember Krizzie swimming in it, but not really anyone since. The water use to come up almost as far as the trees and Blade and Nikki's group loved swimming here. I've searched for photos of it as it was on local pages online, but sadly found nothing. 
Setting off back 
I love this photo so much, the mountain, the lights, the water and of course you can just make out the dogs. They may have been able to drain the top lake, but health and safety can never drain this marvel of nature. I have been down there in the past, but last time my boots got stuck and I ended up on my knees in the boggy grass, I respect it and admire it from a distance these days. 
I did a search and found this photo taken in May 2016 - Wow nature sure has taken over, well that is a good thing then.