Friday 30 December 2022

End Of This Year

Around this time, I'd be starting to write a blog post to reminisce over the year that was. I've decided not to do it this year. Of course there have been high points, great days, but mostly it's been a year of disappointments, sadness and loss. So putting my positive boots on, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - so next year theoretically I'm going to be at my strongest ever.
There are still situations of great concern in my life, Steve continued weight loss worries me but not him, and predictably he won't even discuss it. I guess every day with Ziva is now a bonus. The not knowing is always harder than dealing with the facts, but to get those facts would mean putting her through an ordeal, and even with the facts for us the outcome would be the same for her. 
So next year I hope to have the "M" litter - Miss Otis, Major Tom and their siblings. Next year I hope a judge sees what I see and doesn't say - "2nd but on a different day could be the winner," I hope that day comes next year for Orin, he truly deserves some recognition. He has been beaten by some very good good over the last year, there I have no complaints, but he's also been blatantly robbed too! 
So no, there will be no end of year post tomorrow, only the hope that it will get better.