Saturday 24 December 2022

Happy Xmas Your Arse!


As we approach this so-called magical day I find myself falling apart. If only we could skip on a week, well maybe it could be easier! I'm going through the motions and keeping up traditions but I really don't want to play the game this year. It's been the hardest, cruellest year with so many loved ones coming into it who are not here now to wish it a less than fond farewell. 
 Friends have proved invaluable, the one who rings to put the GSD world to rights (Or gossip as Steve says) the ones who message, chat and listen, and the special ones who have put up with my uncharacteristic (I hope) mood swings and emotions .. and of course the ones who simply check in a couple of times a week with an "are you Ok Rhi?" Thanks K, S, L, I, B, T, J, C, D, G, A. 
With my big bro Alun, wife Lynda and other close family we try and support my Mother, but my biggest crutch through it all is my lovely husband Steve, who even on the hardest days for himself manages to keep me sane, he and my houseful of "family" are everything. (When they are not vomiting!) 
 Nico and Jezi gone less than a month apart, My lovely father struggling and losing the fight, Steve going through cancer treatment for exactly the condition that stole my father from us, little Junior lost and Ziva diagnose with a brain tumour. To top it all three special Blanik bred, much loved pets, TJ, Lexi and Barney also stolen from their loving owners. So to quote Tristan Farnon from last night ... ... "Happy Bloody Christmas," let's hope next year will be kinder to all.