Friday 2 December 2022

Morning Walks


The first two walks today I avoided the boat quarry and went cross-country down towards Bryn Derwen, the derelict cottage that we refer to as Auntie's cottage. I was worried it would be too much for Ziva to do the full circuit, with hindsight I was wrong. I decided not to take Zeus that way as I didn't fancy being pulled down the initial steep track, and anyway the alternate was just as pleasant. Generally when I walk I always go up hill first so that when I've less energy at the end I can come down hill, but this walk is a worthwhile exception. 

With plenty of get up and go on the third walk I went further down towards the other derelict cottage, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called - but something to do with horses. We had a super time and I managed to get my fat arse back up to Bryn Derwen a lot easier than expected. We've not been down there in ages and the dogs loved it - Orin simply taking my breath away as I watched him power around a less familiar area to him. 

*** I've looked back and found the bottom cottage is/was called Pant Yr Ebolion - the direct translation is "Hollow Of The Foals"  ***