Monday 12 December 2022

LKA Critiques

Well someone is on the ball, I must say his opening statement is more informative than his critiques, but good on him for it. 
 GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG LKA Judge: Mr S Hall (STKCA) As with all breeds I judge I try to give a preamble which I think is important to any breed from a judge not connected to the breed as sometimes I can see the things you miss and by the same way I can miss things you see within your breed. Having to step into the breech at the last minute I was pleasantly surprised at quite a few things, firstly this year I have judged quite a few breeds and been totally disappointed at the sheer lack of quality to the point of depression, however, today I was surprised at some of the quality I found which made a refreshing change to finish the year on a good note, the main thing was the GSD enthusiasts, I found them supportive of each other, polite, enthusiastic, well behaved and the breed with the most camaraderie and sportsmanship you will ever see at a dog show, never once did I see or hear any double handling, I think this breed deserves better and they should be treated equal with others breeds. 
I thought heads were varied at times, my question are you loosing the classic heads? Rears as always need watching particularly in youngsters, but my main concert is fronts, in many they need a slightly broader forechest to spread those front legs.

1st: 3275 SWTAN, Mrs Bethan & HUGHES, Mr Darryl Blanik Lancelot. A very nice adolescent dog that had quality, loved his body proportions, firm rear movement, however he needs to develop more in front and hopefully time is on his side. 
2nd: 3272 STANLEY, Mrs Rhian Blanik Kyriacos. Unfortunate to meet winner on the day particularly on gaiting, like most things about him he could have won the class on another day. 
1st: 3271 STANLEY, Mrs Rhian Blanik Liszka. Good type bitch pleasing head piece, not much to dislike, I thought she was a good type, touch long in loin and could have been a shade shorter. Well handled.

As you see he hasn't said much, I've said before that I agree that Siska is a touch long, but I prefer that to shortness any day. The breed should be longer than tall and a short dog looses that wonderful majestic movement. 
Orin's critique made me cry, since Crufts I feel he's always been the bloody bridesmaid, as I said to Steve last night, why is it never our day to get to the top?  Orin moves fantastically as well as the first dog any day, but with a slipper floor Sarah just had to hold him back. In my opinion, and the opinion of many on the day the dog should not have been in front but the judge said to Sarah that Orin was a stronger dog and he preferred the other as he was less strong - hmm!!!!  
It's the year finished, mostly 2022 has not been as successful for Orin as 2021, but Siska has had a great year. Onwards now eh ...