Monday 10 October 2022

Two Walks

This morning Zeus was unsettled, he never is, so I decided to walk him first with Siska. There seemed to be no reason for the fact he'd been unsettled, if he tries it on tomorrow I'll ignore him! 
I drove up to see a lot of traffic up and down to the first quarry and sheep close by. I drove ahead and park on the left on route to the second quarry. I could see one lot of cattle by Llyn Cop, miles away and the usual suspects were down by Aunties Cottage (the derelict Bryn Derwen) I started my walk but got uncomfortable by Siska air scenting and growling. She charged off a short distance a couple of times, barking, I couldn't see anything. I know full well from past experience if the dog says there is something there, even if you can't see a thing, trust me there is something there! A few minutes later I saw a man walking in the distance going in the opposite direction. Siska was on the ball. As I walked back towards the van I could see one black cow standing a little close for comfort. I considered my options and went back on myself from the opposite direction towards the van. I felt a little relieved as it was the usual suspects, but I soon panicked as I saw the newest member of the family. OMG how tiny, how lovely, a black mother and a white baby - I wondered if this was the cow Ian had seen separated from the others over the weekend - highly likely. I know cows with calves are even more dangerous so I was mighty relieved when all three of us were in the van. The photo is taken from the van. 
After picking up the second lot I decided I'd be safer with work traffic and sheep than cows with calves! I parked in Ian's spec, went left then up towards Will grave. I watched Ziva, she was thrilled to be out and about, but this last few weeks sure has changed her. She's gone from a geriatric hooligan to an old lady. It's kind of hard not knowing what's going on with her, watching, worrying is natural but obviously I want her to enjoy her life and I want to enjoy the precious times we still have together. Don't get me wrong, she not a an old dog with poor mobility who doesn't want to go for a walk - but she is different!
I just missed her she was getting up out of her bath!
The third walk? Well that deserves a post to itself!