Wednesday 12 October 2022

Blanik Bred Boys

A post maybe just to reminisce and look at old photos of the home bred male show team over the years. It all began here 
Blanik Alliance - Dexi
To date still the top winning male that I've bred or owned. A show dog with great focus and presence who was so unlucky not to gain his title, one of the top winners of his day when classes were larger and quality was high. Dexi was a lovely boy, a big, kind, cuddly lump who was a pleasure to share a life with and love. Times have changed and Dexi was a style of dog that I guess would be considered more extreme now - but in his day he took on the best and succeeded.
Blanik Excentrik - Louis
What can I say? He was my everything. Louis was Jay and Krizzie son therefore carried my bitch line and Dexi was Jay's grandfather, so this guy was double Blanik. Giving a COI of 9.7% I doubt this would be a mating I'd do now, but hell I'm glad that I did it back then. Louis wasn't the huge show winner that Dexi had been, but he still made his mark and the majority of judges loved his larger than life personality and exuberance. Louis was unbeaten in puppy breed classes at open and champ shows. He was joint 7th top winning GSD puppy in 2004.To know him was to love him. 
Blanik Georgios - Mikey
Another boy whom I was blessed to own both of his parents. Mikey was the litter brother to Asha and son of Kai and Tali. Mikey didn't fair well in youth classes, though he wasn't unplaced, he was never a winner. But with maturity he turned into the swan we always knew he was. As he was free from exaggeration, had strong straight hocks and excelled on the move all-rounders and open show judges loved him. In the Summer of 2012 he had three Best In Show wins. Another very easy dog to show, live with and love, we were devastated to lose him just after his 8th birthday. 
Blanik Kyriacos - Orin
Constructionally, probably the best male here since Dexi, Orin has competed and succeeded at the top level. I have not exhibited him at any companion or many open shows. (One I think - his first show) He's a big cuddly bear at home but Orin has presence and focus in the ring, coupled with an amazing gait, he can not be ignored. I hope the best is yet to come.