Sunday 9 October 2022

Don't Start The Fight

I've ignored her remarks for years, the constant digs and sarcasm all stemming from her dislike of me
for a mistake she can't admit that she made. I've turned the other cheek, but last night for something very unimportant the worm turned. A lady asked on a GSD advice group if she should be concerned that her 14 month old bitch was only 28kg - I replied, telling her that her bitch looked lovely and that many females don't go over 28kg. Well of course "she" had to put a sarcastic smiley on my post. Now normally I'd ignore it, but it was one push too far and I questioned her sarcasm, she replied and so did I several times. She found it necessary to say she'd never had a fit health bitch under 30kg - the fecking cheek, I was offended and so was another lady whose bitch is 26kg. Siska is just under 28kg (probably less with the hunger strike) and Kaiah was 28kg until she had her litter. Thankfully, other joined in and all agree with me that the bitch in question looks ideal for her age, one posted that the average weight of a GSD bitch is 22kg - 32kg. A wide range but taking into account the build of bitches, I'd say 28kg - 32kg is ideal. As the conversation continued with others I was able to add that I knew "someone" used to say that Kaiah was always too skinny - funny that when often in her own females critiques it was said they were overweight. NEVER have any of my girls been referred to as too lean, or too heavy, well Ok Sarah often said Sammi and Kaiah are a KG or so heavier than she would have them, but I like them as they are. Oh and whilst I'm at it, I do remember the critique for NWGSD where the judge said Kaiah out classed the others in her class - that must have hurt when the skinny bitch beat you. I have to confess Ross is often too lean, but what do I do, force-feed the bugger? 
Anyone who knows me knows I don't give up on a friendship easily. With time, I'm more than willing to forgive and move on, though I rarely forget! I understand that people make different decisions to me, people walk different paths and we have to agree to disagree, but in this case this friendship is well and truly over and done with. I can't believe I was so gullible, I can't believe I thought we had just grown up and that we would now be friends, but equally I'll never understand how things went the way they did. I refuse point-blank to apologise for something I didn't do and if the situation played out again tomorrow, I can't imagine any of us could do anything differently!
Moving on - I came across this photo of a young Kaiah with Sammi - wow Siska looks so much like Kaiah at that age. I wonder if Siska's face will change as much as Kaiah's has from here. Kaiah looks more like Sammi now than she does here.
The top photo is of Siska and Kaiah today. So interesting, but yeah the apple and the tree comes to mind with all three.