Wednesday 28 September 2022

Ziva Went Walking


 Geraint, the vet who treated Ziva on Sunday rang this morning. He has suggested we keep her on the same dose of medication for 2 weeks and that I should ring back then to discuss further plans. He said that if she does well and has no fits then maybe he would consider adjusting the dose. He assured me that her poor mobility is down to the medication. Strangely, her mobility seemed better on the walk than it is pottering at home. For want of a better description, she reminds me of dog with early stages of CDRM. She is crossing her hind legs, knuckling and scraping her nails on the floor with every step. On the walk she was obviously slower than usual but did do very well, better than I anticipated. Like Beth, Geraint reminded me that they could not give a prognosis, in all honestly Ziva could drop dead tomorrow or she could still be running on the mountain in a years time, we simply do not know what's going on inside her head. The tumour could be large, small, slow or fast-growing - but life is for living and there is no way I was leaving Ziva at home today when she obviously wanted to come with us. Of course I was sensible, but quality of life is paramount. I hope everyone understands what I mean when I say, I'd much prefer her to drop dead on the mountain doing what she loves doing, then left at home stressing because she's been left behind. If/when the day comes as it did with Tali and Jezi when she says, actually I don't want to go, then that is when we stop...