Friday 16 September 2022

Siska Tantrums And Ross

 Little miss had a mega tantrum followed by a mega sulk last night. She even ignored me in my dressing gown, which is unheard of. (She likes hanging off it - funny at 10 weeks old, maybe not so funny now!) Like her greatest of grannies, Asha, her feet are not her fortune and they are a little flat, therefore her nails do not wear down naturally. If I said I'd never seen such a fuss about someone having their nails done, well I'd be lying, Asha was the same and Loki not much better. It took 2 of us and she basically had to be pinned to the floor. Steve could not believe her agility and strength as she twisted out of every position that he put her in ... and as regards to your denta stick, you know where you can stick that! It was eventually done and she ended up sitting out in the yard on her own till bed time, apart from when Ross decided he'd show us his gardening efforts that is!
When will this lad grow up? Hopefully never! I had a stud request for him yesterday, of course the answer is no. Whilst it's really hard to find a suitable male, it must be even harder to find a sable, let alone a S/C sable - I can't actually think of any in the ring right now, just a few L/C's.  Sable was the original breed colour, but it really isn't the favoured colour these days. 
Poor Ross wasn't too great on his front yesterday either. I watched his ungainly movement as he charged around irritating everyone. He's full of happiness and stupidity and I'm not going to stop him, life is for living, but his front action really isn't right, he short steps and looks stilted almost. I have always had concerns about his mobility in older life, and he is on glucosamine and chondroitin, but I will not restrict his life now, though we still follow the three throws of the kong rule .. it really does jar his elbows so it's not wise to do it too many times. 
Look at him, so proud of his plant - Steve was not so pleased!