Thursday 22 September 2022

WKC Thoughts

I have to say I loved the WKC critiques, I guess that the judge that I once disliked is now my bessie friend! LOL She dare say something negative about Louis' head years ago and I held a grudge, as I do! Her critiques for Orin and Siska are on the money, she'd noticed Siska's feet, not many do and I totally agree, and because of her slightly long rear pasterns Siska does need to strengthen further on her hindquarters. The judge observed that she would have liked Orin's eyes to be darker, how can I disagree? One thing I can't agree with is when she says that they are both slightly long, a GSD should be longer than tall, they should not be "compact" I think is the word she uses in other critiques. But generally really lovely critiques for all 5 Blaniks and a compliment for me too. 
The judge herself has Tervurens which are compact/square - but as beautiful as they are, they are not GSD! (Longer than tall) The GSD is one of the exhibits at this years Sieger show in Germany.