Friday 2 September 2022

My Orin

I'm sitting on the floor messing with Siska, she's just lovely, or as she continues to say of herself, "Excellent!" I look behind me and see the most beautiful face looking back at me. The kindest eyes, the most beautiful expression. My heart melts, I'm so emotional I almost cry. This is my dog - wow just look at him. How did I get so lucky? How was I so blessed? 
Years back, a three-week-old puppy stole my heart. As I've said before I sat in the whelping box begging her to stay. Her parents were both under my roof, and I could see the best of both in baby Belle. She stole my heart. Turn the clock forward to 2020 and it was déjà vu with her son. I found myself again sitting in a whelping box telling a puppy that I hoped it would be him. I don't know why it happens, but on both occasions, the right puppy for Blanik stole my heart so early on. This had happened to me once before and even when advised not to keep the small male, I did. That of course was my Mr Amazing, my Louis.
I have to admit that Siska got to me too, but I was much more open to the idea that it may not have been her, I didn't want to let her go, but I could well have done if Elka had been obviously better constructed than her. 
So from tiny acorns this wonderful boy grew, I never once lost faith in him, but that first time he went into the show ring I really did "see" him. To me that day he was impressive beyond compare, in stance he was a picture and his movement was breathtaking. When he is given the opportunity to really move there's not a lot that come close to him. He has reach, drive and presence, what more can I ask? But the show success is only an added extra, Orin my pet, my dog is the one who stolen my heart, he is beautiful inside and out and his current concern for Steve only proves that he has an understanding that something is not as it should be.
I find myself very defensive of Orin, I know his "faults" to the show world, hell I've been playing the game long enough to see them. I'm careful of what I post, some days a photo will show sunlight directly on his eyes and to protect myself from the green-eyed monster and her like I don't post the photo. Of course O doesn't care, but I do, and sadly I know them well enough to hear their negativity in my head. Equally, some days I don't care and post the bloody photo anyway!
I'm also occasionally offended by the "Zeus Fan Club." As nice as it is that he's adored, sometimes I want to scream - there are 7 other dogs in these photos. I can guarantee you that if I posted photos of the brothers that hairy would get far more comments than O. Put yourself in my shoes, especially at this current time in my life, well I'm not afraid to admit it hurts! 
Baby O is now a father himself - and wow that green collard hairy puppy in this current litter is tempting, but I won't! If I was going to have a pup it would have been one of the two most promising sisters in the last litter, at the time I could see them both going places. Maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to have my own Orin baby, but for now my full support will go to his kids who will hopeful be hitting the show ring this year and next. 
Orin, like his mother is one of the special ones.