Friday 2 September 2022

We Need Sleep

 A restless night at the Blanik household leaves the humans bedraggled and the canines ready to fight another day. It had been a stressful couple of days, proving to me once again that not one partner should be in charge of finances in a relationship, it's taking time and effort to help Mum get sorted. Alun is a godsend, but even then my Dad had said to mum, Alun will help you sort out the finances. I guess it's the old-fashioned way - Man does money, Woman doesn't, not how it works here, we are a partnership in every way! Even getting her to understand the difference between a credit and debit card has been a battle, Mum isn't stupid, but she shouldn't have to learn this at 80, and she was distressed thinking she was "in debt" to the bank because she'd used the credit and not the debit card. So with thoughts crashing about, sleep was never going to come easy! 
The pain is increasing in my mouth, now into my ear, jaw and down my throat. My dentist appointment has been put back to the end of the month. Every time I rolled over last night the discomfort woke me up, and poor Steve was also crying out in his sleep. I shouldn't moan the pain he's suffering makes mine insignificant. 
Zeus is really casting his coat, Wow I didn't realise so much came out of a long coat, this is the first time since he's been here that he's chucked his coat like this. Though I am currently brushing him daily he is very itchy and has been scratching a lot overnight leaving dollops of hair everywhere.
To top it all the boys exploded twice overnight too. It was aggressive barking not just winging, to be fair unless they need to go out they don't do that. Without doubt, it was Ross and Orin and they had heard something. It is comforting as these girls sleep through everything, as does Zeus and Loki. Zeus still doesn't want to get up if it's before 8am and won't eat until after 8am either. Loki will eat anything, anytime, please. 
So basically we didn't sleep much, Steve will be heading off down the A55 soon, and I'll need to get these out. Currently I have a non-functioning head but a walk or two or three may help. Miss Sisks has eaten the last two days, but I still feel she lacks her usual spark - maybe she too is affected by her hormones!