Monday 26 September 2022

Ziva Update

Beth the vet phoned about 8.30pm last night, she informed me that all Ziva's bloods are OK, so sadly it's more than likely to be a brain abnormality/tumour. I asked about her prognosis and she said she knew me well enough to give an honest answer, which was that without getting into her brain she really doesn't know. She said a referral and scan could be available but finished the sentence with, but at her age you don't want to do that, do you? You see she does know me well. There is no way I would put Ziva through tests to get an answer just for my knowledge, when the only option is controlling the fits anyway.
There is always concern with fitting dogs that it's genetic epilepsy, hence my concerned obsession with doubling up on some lines.  Ziva is over 11 years old so far too old for any genetic epilepsy which I knew always occurred by middle age, Beth even said text book between 6 months and 6 years, but of course that is a guide. 
We've thankfully had a very quiet night. I took advantage of Steve prostate problem and he checked on her every hour or so. She was fast asleep and barely acknowledged him, to be honest the poor girl was exhausted. She's a little subdued and wobbly on back legs this morning but has been for a pee and had breakfast. Her last fit was just before 7pm, and by now she's had three tablets. There is no guarantee that Ziva won't fit again, and 6 fits a day simply won't be happening, but I hope we can control the fitting and that she can have some more happy times making precious memories with her Blanik family.
For my record 
1st fit 1.30pm 
2nd -2.05pm
3rd (on route to vets - probably about 2.30 - 2.45pm)
4th -4pm
5th -5.50pm
6th - 6.50pm