Thursday 15 September 2022

Last Day And Anna

Well today is the last day, I've made his lunch box for the last time. 20 session are coming to an end. He says he won't ring the bell, he doesn't like to draw attention to himself. I hope he does, for all the people who haven't been that lucky, for all those who didn't make it this far.
Sadly, there was no mating to Anna, everything just went against us.  Her first test on day 11 caught her owner out as her test was 36, that meant she had to be mated within 24 hrs. I was ready to go, organised and feeling quite brave about the journey down to our arranged meeting place in Newtown. Sadly an examination of the bitch proved she would be difficult to mate, coupled with the fact that she screamed when she was given any attention. My friend felt that we would need assistance or a very determined, experienced dog. We needed a Nico. She suggested we meet at her friends house, but Google Maps showed that to be 5 hrs and a fair few minutes away, just too much for me to be honest, and though a bed for the night was suggested it simply wasn't right for me to leave Steve as he is with all the responsibilities. Like I said, another week Anna and we would have got there! Anna has now been mated to the import "Jimmy," sadly not ideal as my friend has people waiting for both coat varieties and Jimmy does not carry the long coat gene, but he was close by, and he was a bit of a Nico!!!!!
Sadly it's not the only cancellation that Orin has had this week. Pepsi's mating has also been put on the back burner. To be honest, her owner had phoned months ago and with everything that's been going on I'd forgotten about it. It was really nice of her to even let me know, most people don't bother. Pepsi is in the bad books and has run into her owner's leg, leaving her on crutches and needing knee surgery. As you all know that is my fear with Ross, if he doesn't break me one day it'll be a miracle! 
The puppy photo is of little Nica, little miss is full of attitude and fun. If she continues to develop as she should then Delwyn will have a lot of fun with her. 
Thank you to everyone who's been there for me these last few painful months. To all the people who in their own ways have tried to make this easier for me and mine. I know the road is still very rocky, but we are finally seeing light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel, let's hope it eventually leads us to happier times again.