Tuesday 27 September 2022

Side Effects


Our Ziva isn't back with us yet, she's spaced out and her behaviour is different. We have noticed a wobbly gait, we hear her claws constantly catching on the floor. I was sent some information from the vet this morning which has helped me understand what's going on, and I have also googled the medication. (Soliphen) 
Ataxia - The most common sign of ataxia, regardless of the cause, is an abnormal gait in which the dog is very unsteady on his feet. 
One thing I'll never do again is have three dogs of the same age. With the average life expectancy of the breed from 9 - 13 years, I guess it was destined to happen. But why so close together? Of course I've Googled "life expectancy for dog with brain tumour." Stupid thing to do, vet google is as inaccurate as Dr Google, but the average is 2 months. Of course as Beth said, we don't know exactly what's there, what size, how fast-growing .. so there is no accurate prognosis, but there's no getting away from the fact that there is something there. Every day as it comes and I hope she can throw herself in a ditch a few more times again.