Monday 19 September 2022

Feeding Ziva

Feeding times are not the same these days, there's a noticeable difference since we lost Asha. When the door opens to let everyone in, it stays in my hand and doesn't almost fly into the next room. Yes, there are far better manners now around feeding time, but I really do miss her bad food manners.
These days Ziva "cooks" with me. It doesn't help her waistline, but she's only a little overweight, so sod it. I'll never let her become a fat dog, the risks are too great, especially after the sudden death of her overweight son. Carrying excess weight puts far too much stress on the heart and with her increasing years I'll need to be more careful than ever. I must admit when cooking tonight I giggled and thought, yeah you are just like your mother, I realise more and more that I can not turn my back on her in the kitchen! Bless her, my lovely smiling Ziva.