Saturday 24 April 2021

More Cat Hassle

With everything that's been going on I'm not sure if I've mentioned that we are having trouble with another cat. I think it was on my birthday that we heard noises in the middle room at around 7 am, it had happened a few nights previously at around 5 am. Then I got up and saw the black and white cat leaving over the wall towards twll braich, some of my own cats were in a state of shock in the middle room but Archie was asleep in the living room. On the second occasion Archie was nowhere to be seen and I looked frantically for him, I can't deny I was getting myself into a state by about 8.30am, but then I finally found him hiding in the tunnel bed. He stayed there all day, even missing meals. Since then Archie has really become very nervous, he's so jumpy and noise sensitive, actually it's upsetting to see.
Last night as we giggled our way through Gogglebox the noise happened again, this time Luther came flying in as if the devil himself was chasing him. He ran over the fishtank and hid behind the curtains, thankfully Archie was already on my lap! I went out to see what was going on, yes the cat was there again, but so was Jamie and Choo, Jamie sitting as relaxed as ever. The first time I saw this cat Jamie was sitting out in its company too. So why is it not threatening to Jamie and Choo? Do they know him? Is it just one of the regulars on his rounds? If he is then why are the youngsters so scared of him? Archie may well have been scared of Isla at first, but not to this extent. 
I know there is nothing I can do, Luther will get over it. He's still young but he's a big capable chap. I do hope Archie gets his confidence bach though, he's such a darling and still a baby. Maybe good old uncle Junior will have to take up black and white cat bashing instead of picking on Choo eh!