Wednesday 28 April 2021

A Possible Home

 Last night I had a long chat with someone who is interested in Zeus. I've never met Mark but we have been Facebook friends for years. He has just lost a 9 year old Tirgram Robbi son. (Robbi is Ziva and Jezi's father) He lives with his partner and 19 year old son in the Manchester area and someone is home all day give or take shopping etc. We left the conversation with me suggesting he and his family think about it overnight, and if they are interested in him then they should first make a no obligation (on either side) trip to meet him.
I can't explain how I'm feeling, a bit sick to be honest. After just a short time my heart really doesn't want to let this dog go. I absolutely adore him, he's such a character, and he's done no wrong here. But as we've said before, he needs, he deserves more. I want him to have the best life and that is not here. I also need to consider my cats, he has met a few at close range and been pretty good, but he also has tried to chase a few of the flightier ones. Yes I'm sure if needs must I could sort that out. Livestock is also a problem here, would I ever be able to relax with him around sheep? I doubt it and that would mean lead walks when everyone else runs free. 
I guess if Mark and his family are interested and it's the right home for him, well I guess we give it a go. Of course it would be on the understanding that he comes back if it doesn't work. I guess if that did happen then we'd have to make it work for him here. Now I'll sit and wait and see what news comes with the day ...