Tuesday 27 April 2021

Food

Last night Ian and I were talking about how differently the dogs eat. Generally the "Blanik" gang are greedy, but my mouth from the south is much less so. He'd sooner have his kong than his dinner. All of these eat in their crates, their meals are prepared, put the crates for them and they all go to their own spot to eat. There is no pressure on anyone and no one is allowed to steal. Generally all meals are finished quickly, but Ross often leaves breakfast. The "eat it or lose it" rule still applies here and what's left after 10 mins is taken away! Of course I make exceptions when someone is off colour or after their seasons, not that Kaiah has ever gone off her food after a season.
At night they get a biscuit and a carrot at bedtime, Ross loves his carrot but as you can see is often less impressed with the bonio! On occasions it's still there in the morning and some lucky thief gets extras! I'm used to Ross and his odd ways with food but if anyone else leaves anything then I'm concerned. 
Nico has always been greedy, I've discovered to my cost how greedy over the years. Destroyed clothes because there was a crumb in the pockets, stole goods and shredded Xmas presents .. bless him. Asha's daughters are equally greedy, just like their mother was. It's quite hard to keep weight off them to be honest but with their advancing years it's never been more important that they should not get too heavy. Ziva is as fit as a flea but Jezi is starting to show some early stiffness and as she is a little tubby I guess the first thing to do is get her weight down a kg or two, if that doesn't help then I'll get her something natural/herbal products to try and help. 
Siska seems to be following along with family traditions and is yet to leave a crumb! (Remember this photo?) I'm really pleased with her eating, there is not a lot more frustrating than a fussy puppy. You want them to get all the nutrients they need, you need them to eat and you end up adding things to get them to eat. But seriously never has a healthy puppy starved itself, in these situations we really should look at what we are doing and take a step back I think. It usually human error with puppies that make fussy adults. Yes, I confess I did it, I play the game with Louis, and with Ross but to a lesser degree. Anyway Siska looks great and eats her puppy food with nothing other than a daily spoon full of yogurt added ... and the odd sardine! Of course I give her treats, but we all deserve those don't we!